Monday, April 28, 2008

i have a whozit in my whatnow?

i was sick. Remember? All the spewing and such? Yes, well - once that was all concluded, i began having chest pains and wheezing. Yes, yes, the frog was a good girl and trotted her happyass to the doctor, who concluded after a chest x-ray that the frog has a hiatal hernia. Whee. Technically not a huge deal, so i'm not really freaking out about it. The only issue is the fact that it showed up on a chest x-ray, which apparently doesn't happen very often, and apparently means that it's BIG, which apparently means i'll have to have surgery. The wheezing is happening because i've aspirated stomach acid into my lungs. Yippee!

So, for the past week or two, my innards have been all kinds of messed up. i'm even having trouble eating - look in past entries if you aren't surprised by that. It took me almost an hour and a half to eat an apple this morning. It's a very odd sensation to have food sitting in front of me, and not want to eat it. Not even feel obligated to eat it.

So, there is my silver lining. Maybe after all this hernia balony is done, i'll remember this feeling and be able to push back from the table, so to speak.

1 comment:

Tigress said...

Ohh, hon I hope all goes well. You'll be in my thoughts with hopes for a quick and easy recovery. *Hugs* Glad they found it, though after the surgery and recovery, I bet you will feel so much better.