Friday, May 2, 2008

Unofficially...it's not a hernia.

*shakes out the voice of the Governator...it's not a tuuumah...*

i went for an Upper GI test on Wednesday, and while mid-swallow, the doctor said that he couldn't see anything wrong with my stomach or surrounding areas. i sort of left the hospital in a daze, and broke into tears in my car. No hernia is a good thing, i know...but see, i walked into that hospital pretty sure of what was going on, and i walked out not having any idea what is wrong with me. Since i'm a "fixer", this was a bit of a shock to my system.

So...i'm not sure exactly what will happen next...but...okay.

Darrin and i had sex this morning...we haven't really gotten a chance to lately what with all the health problems, but it was just what i needed i think. It was long, slow...sweet and unhurried. It's been a long time since it's been like that, and it was...well, gloriously messy.

1 comment:

Tigress said...

*hugs you* I know what you mean there...it's better to "know" what's going on so you know how to fix it. Have you been checked for gall bladder concerns? My sister had hers taken out and I remember she had all kinds of stomach problems leading up to and after her surgery to take it out.

Another thing I might check is IBS, or diverticulitis...those cause ongoing stomach/digestion problems as well, hon. *racks my brain* I'm guessing if they did an upper GI they've ruled out ulcers with the hernia probably.

In the meantime, I'd suggest to rest as much as you can, try to meditate/relax as much as you can to lessen stress, and try to fit in some light exercise to help your body deal with whatever is going on (exercise also helps with stress in case that might be a contributing factor.)

Be good to yourself and be kind to yourself and your body as much as you can and I hope things improve or that you find out what has been causing your stomach pain and that it's something that's easy to fix. *s