Thursday, July 23, 2009

Last night, just before I fell asleep, I was watching a show on TLC about women who don't know that they are pregnant. (Allow me to return to this particular topic in a moment) Anyway...they don't show symptoms, they don't get the belly, they just...I don't know, sneeze and a baby pops out one day.

So of course, I dream about this.

I'm in some sort of medical facility, and they aren't really talking to me, but are just kind of doing maternity ward type things - putting in a weird chair-like thing, specifically, which in my dream was utterly normal. O.o I'm wearing a hospital gown, and somehow I know I'm in a horrendous amount of pain but I don't really feel it. And I know I should be freaking out about having a baby without realizing I was pregnant, but I'm kind of...not, in a weird, kind of druggy-zen way.

And then, the moment comes...and I give birth to a puppy.

Not just any puppy. This puppy springs forth from my womb completely goo-free AND with a snappy little haircut, because this puppy is a little schnauzer puppy.

And then, in my dream it's the day after I've given birth to my puppybaby, and I give birth to ANOTHER puppy - this one looking more like a rottweiler with the black and brown markings, but with longer fur.

I almost wrote that it was the weirdest dream ever, but I'm pretty sure the beavers with feathers dream rocks that particular honor.

Beyond that....

I have a lot of stuff going on in my head. A lot of stuff that, even if people cared to ask (which they don't), I'm not sure I would share. It's funny sometimes how I will have a free moment here or there and these thoughts will pop into my head, and I'll still be doing my normal things...balancing payroll, listening to complaint after complaint, cleaning the house, joking with people at work.

I guess if they only knew and some stuff.

A guy a work pulled my hair today. Not like a little tug, either...he grabbed a fistful and pulled. Now, please remember that my workplace is a little different than most. We were actually fighting over the copier, and I had just socked him in the shoulder when he grabbed my hair. It was all in fun, we were laughing the whole time and afterwards, but...it made something deep inside me cry.

Chloe wrote something recently about some women able to achieve this state of submission by virtue of culture. How it seems an inate state of mind, something that doesn't need supported by anything else, i.e. someone else's dominance.

There is no one on this planet who knows how submissive I am. There is no one who could even guess at the depths of my thoughts, no one who can see me the way I truly feel. Sometimes I feel like the women Chloe was talking about, but...instead of being proud, it makes me sad. Lonely.

As much as I'd like for it to be, I really don't think there's anyone who could accurately describe the real me.

4 comments:

Chloe said...

OH YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.

I just wrote out the world's longest comment and it's GONE because I got a pageload error when I tried to post.

I shall try again tomorrow once I've stopped ranting all over the place at my STUPID computer.

~Chloe, hyperventilating

frog said...

S'okay, as long as you come back. *sideways stare*

Chloe said...

I'm FINALLY back.

Everything takes me WAY longer than it should.

*sigh*

OKAY SO.

Your post reminded me of something. (Yes, that's right, I came back to literally ramble at you in Chloe-story-time mode... Sorry for the build-up to such a lame comment!!!)

In a darker part of my life, years and years ago (Pre-Antonio, obviously) I didn't have a single outlet for my submission. I didn't even KNOW what it was, really.

But I remember once, sitting on the couch in my house with my brother and a mutual friend... We were all huddled together, cozy under blankets, watching a movie.

Out of no where, our friend (Actually, I've mentioned him before. Jackson.) said, "Chloe, go make a pot of coffee."

Now, as a close friend, Jackson KNEW I didn't drink coffee. As a human being with the ability to SEE, he also KNEW I was super-comfy on the couch and had no reason to get up and do a damn thing.

I got up, though. Without a word, and I went to make coffee as soon as the words were out of his mouth.

And it felt, for a brief moment, like every cell in my body was singing. I had been TAKEN FOR GRANTED. I had been ordered to do something. I had no words to explain, I had no community of bloggers to tell. I had no idea WHY this registered with me so profoundly. I didn't know what "a submissive" was.

I just knew, for that brief moment, something felt RIGHT in my world that RARELY felt that right, EVER... And my world was starting to feel like it was closing in on me, suffocating me... And that simple command let me breathe easy, just for a moment...

I made the coffee, my nerves crackling beneath my skin.

But... Something in me was crying. Sobbing, aching, writhing in pain. I felt darker still than I had before the command, in a more dangerous and RAW way. Freer, yet darker..

I still don't have the words to accurately describe it, or how I felt. I'm sorry for that, I wish I could.

All I knew was I had been ordered around. My needs, my desires, my inclinations (and my choice of beverage) had all been ignored. Completely, naturally, and in a "friendly" way - no animosity, to dynamic, just "This is how things should be..." It felt NATURAL to me to respond that way and I was giddy that he naturally spoke to me that way. (Slight aside, but there was no sexual attraction at all.. It was a purely service-oriented feeling.)

But it felt empty, too.

I guess I just wanted the promise that in five minutes, tomorrow, in a week, a month, a year from now, I would be needed for service AGAIN.

Or... Something?

I'll use analogy, it always helps me...

This DRUG of submission is a powerful one, at least for me. It fuels me, it makes me feel RIGHT. It is my happiness and I AM addicted to it. But it's more than a drug, it's a life-sustaining medication too. An addictive necessity, if you will.

But it's... depressing... to get a single shot of the drug. I want an I.V. yanno? I want to know I will not be scrounging for a fix, starving and withering in the aftermath of a single dose....

And being handed a single dose of my drug -being told to make coffee- with NO promise of a next time, and NO words coming to my throat to ask for a next time.... It makes it almost HARD to take the drug that I love and need so much.

I wanted it, I needed it, I took it.. But I almost felt worse after than before... I dunno.

I don't know if that made a shred of sense...

It did to me. (Not that that's saying anything.)

~Chloe, sorry about the delay!

Dejagirl said...

COOLIO! Can u check out mine? dejasopinion.blogspot.com