Thursday, March 22, 2007

Foods eaten: Banana, grilled pork chop, green beans, Special K Bar, tilapia stuffed with shrimp and herbs, cottage cheese, cashews

Total caloric intake: 905

Exercise: 1/2 mile walk, office work

Calories burned: 2320

Current weight: 256

6:58am

i'm feeling introspective today. my thoughts are going all over the place...not bad things, just things. i don't feel upset or panicky, just...more quiet and thoughtful.

i can't really place what i'm thinking about, though. Right now, all i have are images, flashes of places and people in my head.

Someone did tell me last night that keeping my calorie count at 800 everyday was dangerous...i know that it could be, but right i feel okay with it. i'm not tired during the day, i don't really get hungry...my plan is to increase my calorie intake once i get in the habit of a normal exercise routine. i hoped to be able to do that by summer (July/August). i'm (obviously) not loosing weight at a rapid pace anymore - this morning i was down to 256. It's hard to imagine that two months ago i was 283. It's really only 27 pounds, but it seems like such a huge difference. i got compliments yesterday at work, and i'm able to wear clothes i haven't been able to in awhile.

2 comments:

Tigress said...

Hey, hon- I love the Prevention magazine website, it's great for weight loss info and I just found this, it's a calculator to figure out exactly how many calories you need daily to lose weight:
http://www.prevention.com/dailycaloriecalc/0,5869,s1-4-121-48-6382-1,00.html
I like it cuz it takes into account everything from age, gender, and level of activity. I'm afraid that you have been running on too few calories, and though I know it's fantastic to have lost that much weight, you may kick in the "starvation response" with eating so few calories, and that may bring your weight loss to a halt. Also, I suspect that that may have something to do with your period problems and it may be playing havok with other aspects of your physical well-being. Check that calculator and see what it says, and maybe try to up your calorie count slowly, with healthy stuff like whole grains/veggies/fruits/lo-fat dairy and you may be amazed at how much better you feel and how much more energy you will have to exercise, which will help you lose more. Also, think about adding in some easy strength training, that help too if you hit a plateau and stall out on the weight loss. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I agree strength training with a few more calories would be good for you.

(I just got back from Memphis and your blog was the first thing I checked...! )

Iron Budokan